GREEK WORDS FOR “MENTAL” AND “MEASUREMENT”
The term “Psychometric” is derived from the Greek words for “mental” and “measurement”. These tests are a standard and scientific method used to measure an individuals’ mental capabilities and behavioural style.
At Whispers of Serenity we have a range of psychometric tests for adults and kids in English and soon in Arabic. They are performed by a our experienced psychologists. You can call us to inquire more about which test would be appropriate for you or your child.
Psychometric tests attempt to objectively measure aspects of your mental ability or your personality. It is usually part of a recruitment or selection process designed to provide employers with a reliable method of selecting the most suitable job applicants or candidates for promotion.
these tests aim to measure attributes like intelligence, aptitude and personality, providing a potential employer with an insight into how well you work with other people, how well you handle stress, and whether you will be able to cope with the intellectual demands of the job.
There are two main types of psychometric tests:
- Ability Tests – Measure your ability to perform or carry out different tasks.
- Personality Questionnaires – Measure your way of doing things and specifically the way you interact with your environment and other people.
At Whispers of Serenity Clinic, our therapists perform the below psychometric tests in both adults and children in both languages (Arabic + English).
Tests offered at Whispers of Serenity Clinic:
- Wechsler’s Intelligence for children WISC-IV.
- Diagnostic test of learning disability.
- M-Chat (Autism).
- Children’s Anxiety Scale.
- Depression scale for children
- Disability Rating scale.
- Aptitude test and career counselling.